Terms and Conditions
1. Terms of Sale. When you place an order to purchase a product from Handy Niknaks®, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order with the order details and order number. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we've despatched that product to you (the 'Despatch Confirmation E-mail'). That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the Despatch Confirmation E-mail to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
2. Dispatch Policy. While every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are in stock we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale. Goods are normally dispatched within 48 hours. If we are unable to despatch your order within 7 days, we will contact you by e-mail with an estimated despatch date and offer you the option of cancelling the order.
3. Cancellation and Returns. If you are not satisfied with the goods you have a right to cancel the contract, return the goods and receive a refund. Refunds may take up to 30 days to be processed. This does not apply to knives or tools which have been damaged due to misuse. This is available for 7 days after confirmation of the order. Cancellation must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact Handy Niknaks® Returns will not be accepted unless notified in writing beforehand. The customer is responsible for the postage cost of returning the item. The item must be returned in unused, undamaged condition with original undamaged manufacturers box and warranty card. In the case of cancelled orders for non faulty products, no further orders will be accepted from the same address.
Personalised, engraved items - Once an item has been engraved we are unable to cancel the order or accept returns. Personalised, engraved items may only be returned if the product is faulty or there is a mistake in the engraved text. Mistakes in engraving - If there is a mistake in the engraved text this must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact Handy Niknaks® Returns will not be accepted unless notified in writing beforehand. The postage cost of returning a wrongly engraved item will be refunded if there is found to be an error in the engraved text. Note: Different display fonts may be used for engraved text than those illustrated on web pages. This is to provide the best appearance for longer engravings on small product areas.
4. Non-Receipt of an Order. if you have not received the item which you have ordered please contact Handy Niknaks® In the case of non-receipt of an order which has been despatched, we will report the loss to Royal Mail Claims Department. You will then be contacted to confirm non-receipt. Royal Mail investigations can result in criminal prosecutions in cases of fraudulent claims. This procedure must be followed when an item has not been received. Claims for orders not received submitted after more than 30 days will not be accepted. Note: We are not responsible for missing orders due to incorrect address details given. We do not check the post code for the delivery address. It is the responsibilty of the customer to check the delivery address on the order confirmation page and in the order confirmation e-mail.
5. Order which has been Damaged in the Post. If the item has been damaged in the post, please contact Handy Niknaks® the damage will be reported to Royal Mail Claims Department. You will then be contacted to confirm this damage. Royal Mail investigations can result in criminal prosecutions in cases of fraudulent claims. This procedure must be followed when an item has been damaged in the post. Claims for damaged orders submitted after more than 30 days will not be accepted.
6. Faulty Items. All products are checked carefully before sending to customers. You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Please keep all the warranty information that accompanies your item as this may be needed should there be a fault. In the unlikely event that you have a faulty item, you may find it quicker and easier to contact the manufacturer directly so that they can rectify the problem for you. Please note, manufacturers' warranties cover manufacturing defects only and do not cover normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse or consumables such as watch and torch batteries. Note: Microscopic variations in blade surface reflectivity, sub-millimetre irregularities around handle scale screw holes may be present and are not considered faults in factory made knives.
Faulty items must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact Handy Niknaks® Returns will not be accepted unless notified in writing beforehand. The postage cost of returning the product will be refunded if the product is found to be faulty.
7. Prices and Tax. The price shown for the goods excludes postage and packing unless specifically stated. The charges for postage and packing are shown on the shopping cart page after 'Delivery Method' is selected. Prices may be displayed in Pounds Sterling, Euros or US Dollars. Payment in Euros or US Dollars may be made using Paypal Express Checkout. No VAT is currently charged. Delivery to non-European countries may result in import duties payable on receipt of the goods. You will be liable for these duties.
8. Shipping outside of EU. Importation of knives may be restricted by Customs Authorities in non EU countries. Handy Niknaks will not be held responsible for orders seized by international customs authorities. It is not possible to give any refund for items seized by international customs authorities.
9. Sale of knives. Minimum legal age for the sale of knives is 18.
Age verification checks are carried out for all sales of knives. Date of birth is required when ordering any knives. Note. submitting false information is an offence under the Fraud Act. All cases of attempted fraud are reported to Action Fraud UK. By placing an order you are giving permission for an identity check to be performed to confirm that you are over 18 years of age. Credit reference information may be used as part of the age verification process. Documentary proof of age may be requested eg. copy of driving license or passport sent by e-mail attachment. Copies of identity documents will be deleted within a maximum of 6 months and will not be passed on to third parties.
Orders for knives which fail the age verification check will be refunded. Refunds may take up to 30 days to be processed. Any further orders and e-mails are automatically blocked.
10. Colours. The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
11. Specifications. Due to manufacturers modifications, the technical specifications of goods shown on website are subject to change, goods of an equivalent or upgraded specification may be supplied.
Cookies enable the online shopping cart to function.
Individual web browsers may be configured to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
14. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
15. Jurisdiction. The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. Consumer Rights. None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
17. Company information. Handy Niknaks® is the trading name of BG & GC Macadam, which is a partnership registered in England and Wales.
18. BG & GC Macadam T/A Handy Niknaks® reserves the right to change specifications, prices, and information on this website without notice.
20. Errors and omissions excepted
contact Handy Niknaks®